Kazuyuki Ohtsu: Flowers in Village 500-piece Jigsaw Puzzle
• Our luxury puzzles are crafted with attention to every detail
• High-quality 250-GSM matte art paper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare
• Ribbon-cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust
• Produced using thick recycled paper board
• Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world
Box size: 8.625 x 10.625 x 1.875 in.
Puzzle size: 24 x 18 in.
Kazuyuki OhtsuIn the perfectly balanced compositions by Kazuyuki Ohtsu (Japanese, b. 1935) we find tranquil scenes of natural beauty, where fallen snow quiets the land and autumn leaves erupt in a riot of color. Born into a family of silk weavers, Ohtsu began the study of printmaking at 19. He apprenticed with celebrated artist Kiyoshi Saito for 40 years. With the passing of Saito, Ohtsu set out on his own career. Like his teacher, he paints the original pictures that serve as blueprints for the hand-carved blocks, then inks the blocks and prints the images. Ohtsu’s artworks forsake an earlier period’s use of strong outlines, instead relying on elemental colors and gentle shapes to depict a harmonious, idealized view of the Japanese countryside.
The puzzle image was clear and the puzzle itself was of good quality and easy to wrap, makes for a great gift for friends and family alike!
A lovely puzzle and I also appreciate the fast shipping. Thank you.
This puzzle is lovely. The pink flowers at the bottom are harder to assemble than one would think. This is an excellent and beautiful piece to spend time on!