Carl Larsson Book of Postcards
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate’s books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
Carl LarssonBorn into poverty, Carl Larsson (Swedish, 1853–1919) earned a scholarship to study art and succeeded in supporting himself as an illustrator of books and periodicals. He lived in Paris for several years before meeting artist Karin Bergöö, who encouraged his transition from large-scale allegorical oil paintings to light-infused watercolors—the medium for which Larsson is best known. The two married and moved into a cozy cottage in rural Sundborn, Sweden, where they raised their eight children. In Sundborn, he found his artistic voice, documenting his home, family, friends, and neighbors in charming detail. Larsson—whose style was a unique amalgam of Swedish folk traditions, English Arts and Crafts design ideas, and Art Nouveau with Japanese influences—is still revered as Sweden’s best-loved artist.
This postcard book is only the latest one I have purchased from you. Like all the others it is first-rate. Thank you so much for continuing to offer the books. Postcards are the perfect medium for staying in touch with people.
Thanks for your support- We're so glad you are enjoying them! :)