Mark Rothko Book of Postcards
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate's books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the National Gallery of Art, Washington
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
Mark Rothko aimed to create paintings that achieved his ideal of “the simple expression of the complex thought.” His signature compositions of two to four rectangular forms, aligned vertically against a color ground, create wide-ranging moods and atmospheric effects. Contemplating a Rothko painting can be akin to a spiritual experience. This book of postcards pays homage to the revolutionary abstract expressionist with 30 reproductions of his paintings.