Votes for Women! The Suffrage Movement Book of Postcards
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate's books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the Library of Congress
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
The fight for American women to gain the vote lasted more than seven decades, upending traditional notions of gender roles and forcing a reconsideration of the duties and privileges of citizenship. Recorded in photographs, periodicals, and broadsides, the suffrage movement inspired the creation of a wide variety of colorful protest imagery and art, including posters, cartoons, and music. The 30 postcards in this book capture the conviction, energy, and creativity of the pathbreaking protesters who changed the course of American history.