The Group of Seven Coloring Book
48 pages with 22 images to color
• Soft cover book with staple binding
• High-quality paper perfect for colored pencils, pens, and markers
• Printed with soy-based inks
• Sturdy cover to ensure long-lasting enjoyment
• Coloring pages are blank on the back so they can be cut out and displayed
Published with the Art Gallery of Ontario
Size: 8.5 x 11 x .25 in.
Tom Thomson and the Group of Seven shared a passion for Canada’s landscape and a strong desire to create a distinctive visual language. Their goal was to explore the country and paint it. As they traveled north, they found inspiration for the imagery that would imprint itself on the Canadian consciousness: depictions of the rugged, windswept forest panoramas of the Canadian Shield and the vast expanse of lakes and sky. Through their spectacular canvases and adventurous spirits, these celebrated artists have shaped Canadian art and identity. The drawings created for this coloring book trace the paintings of Tom Thomson, Lawren S. Harris, J.E.H. MacDonald, and other members of the group. Reproductions of the paintings are shown in miniature in full color on the inside front and back covers, so that you can follow their color palettes, if you wish.