Art from Alaska Book of Postcards
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate's books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the Anchorage Museum
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
Art from Alaska surveys the wide range of art that has been created to celebrate and document the land, the wildlife, and the people who have lived in this rugged and beautiful place. You will find an Eskimo portrait by Native artist James Kivetoruk Moses, a sweeping vista of Mount McKinley by beloved Alaskan painter Sydney Mortimer Laurence, and a sleeping polar bear by Fred Machetanz. Glaciers, walruses, village scenes, and the northern lights are represented, from artists such as Jules Dahlager, Florence Nupok Malewotkuk, David Mollett, Eliot O’Hara, George Aden Ahgupuk, Carl Saxild, Wuanita Smith, and Prescott M. M. Jones. These works together capture the essence of Alaska, a vast, dynamic land where mountains meet the sea and old cultures meet new—and where artists will always find inspiration.