Rothko 2022 Mini Wall Calendar
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
• Pomegranate's calendars feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the National Gallery of Art, Washington
Size: 6.5 x 7 x .125 in.
Opens to: 6.5 x 14 in.
Mark Rothko, who was central to the development of postwar abstract painting in the United States, is best known for the luminous paintings he made in the 1950s and 1960s. These classic works are characterized by their soft-edged rectangular forms and broad, thin washes of color. Rothko worked on large canvases, but he felt that the scale was intimate, establishing a close physical relationship with the viewer. The 12 extraordinary images in this calendar invite contemplation and spiritual communion.