African American Art 2022 Wall Calendar
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
• Pomegranate's calendars feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.
African American artists have made monumental contributions to the canon of Western art. Employing a variety of styles, techniques, and media, Faith Ringgold, Archibald J. Motley Jr., and Charles White drew inspiration from African American life and history, creating memorable images often laced with social commentary. Painter Alma Thomas stepped away from the constraints of representational imagery for a more abstracted language, as did Romare Bearden with his improvisational Cubist collages. Underlying these artists’ freedom to experiment is the work of nineteenth-century forebear Henry Ossawa Tanner. This calendar presents works by these outstanding artists and six more; their distinctive art is showcased in museums around the world.