Ohara Shoson Keepsake Boxed Notecards
• 16 assorted blank notecards (4 each of 4 designs) with envelopes
• Paper-wrapped decorative box with hinged closure
• Printed in full color on recycled paper with soy based inks
• High-quality 250 gsm card stock
• Soft white envelopes
• A2 card size
• Pomegranate's notecard sets feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the Toledo Museum of Art
Box size: 5 x 6.25 x 1.25 in.
Card size: 4.25 x 5.5 in.
Ohara Shōson specialized in Japanese woodblock prints, particularly kachō-e (bird-and-flower pictures). The four prints included in this set of keepsake boxed notecards show how meticulously he rendered both animals and nature, adding embossed detail in lieu of inking a design when necessary.
Contains 4 each of the following images:
Kingfisher and Iris (Hanashōbu ni hisui), 1926
Camellia and Rice Birds (Tsubaki ni shirobunchō), 1929
Skylark and Peach Blossoms (Toka ni Hibari), published 1931
Plum Blossoms and Bullfinch (Baiha ni Uguisu), published 1931