Vincent van Gogh: The Night Cafe 500-Piece Jigsaw Puzzle
• Our luxury puzzles are crafted with attention to every detail
• High-quality 250-GSM matte art paper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare
• Ribbon-cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust
• Produced using thick recycled paper board
• Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world
Box size: 8.625 x 10.625 x 1.875 in.
Puzzle size: 24 x 18 in.
Vincent van GoghVincent van Gogh’s ten-year painting career yielded more than 2,000 paintings and drawings but little recognition from the art world. Lamenting this indifference, he wrote to his brother Theo, “One may have a blazing hearth in one’s soul, and yet no one ever comes to sit by it.” Van Gogh (Dutch, 1853–1890) never did achieve the recognition he craved during his short, troubled lifetime. He sold few paintings but was known to have traded his artwork with other artists or for art supplies, food, and lodging. During periods of intense productivity, he painted at a feverish rate, sometimes a painting a day. His passionate and vividly colorful works eventually won over audiences and have helped make him one of the world’s most beloved artists.
Puzzle pieces fit well together. I enjoyed putting the puzzle together and watching Van Gogh”s painting come to life. 500 pieces was a good amount for this painting.
These puzzles are getting very pricy and unaffordable for many jigsaw puzzle lovers.