Piranesi's Views of Rome Colouring Book
- Giovanni Battista Piranesi
108 pages with 50 images to color on high-quality paper
• Hardcover book with a special lay-flat binding
• High-quality paper perfect for colored pencils, pens, and markers
• Coloring pages are blank on the back so they can be cut out and displayed
• Sewn, lay-flat binding for easy use
• Hard cover is slightly flexible
• Printed with soy-based inks
Published with the Royal Institute of British Architects
Size: 8.5 x 11 x .5 in.
Giovanni Battista Piranesi's (Italian, 1720–1778) works were dramatic, some more fantasy than reality (he famously produced a series of etchings imagining elaborate prison interiors). Those new to Rome in his time would have found a city different than the one represented in his Vedute de Roma, or Views of Rome, which made creative use of composition and lighting. He produced more than 1,000 etchings in his lifetime, with Vedute his best-known artistic achievement. It is the source of the images presented in this coloring book.