Napachie Pootoogook: A Celebration of Inuit Life Coloring Book
56 pages with 25 images to color on high-quality paper
• Hardcover book with a special lay-flat binding
• High-quality paper perfect for colored pencils, pens, and markers
• Coloring pages are blank on the back so they can be cut out and displayed
• Sewn, lay-flat binding for easy use
• Hard cover is slightly flexible
• Printed with soy-based inks
Published with Dorset Fine Arts
Size: 5.5 x 8.5 x .25 in.
The Inuit artists of Cape Dorset are active in the cooperatively owned printmaking studios creating drawings that are editioned primarily as stonecuts, stencils, and lithography. One of Inuit art's most important figures, Napachie Pootoogook embraced the cultural and artistic heritage of her family. Her early works often reflect Inuit beliefs in the spirit world, but her later works, such as the drawings in this coloring book, bring to life traditional Inuit practices, clothing, and history in her flowing, energetic style. People from her community, shamans, wildlife, and fantastical creatures combine to make this coloring book a joyful experience.