Albrecht Dürer Coloring Book
108 pages with 50 images to color on high-quality paper
• Hardcover book with a special lay-flat binding
• High-quality paper perfect for colored pencils, pens, and markers
• Coloring pages are blank on the back so they can be cut out and displayed
• Sewn, lay-flat binding for easy use
• Hard cover is slightly flexible
• Printed with soy-based inks
Size: 8.5 x 11 x .5 in.
German Renaissance artist Albrecht Dürer (1471–1528) is held up as perhaps the most significant artist of his time, particularly for his printmaking. He created woodcuts and engravings that revolutionized printmaking as a form of fine art. His technical brilliance grew, resulting in works that are considered a trio of masterpieces: Knight, Death, and the Devil; Melencolia I; and Saint Jerome in His Study. Along with these three engravings, we have included numerous independent prints and selections from his series the Apocalypse, the Small Passion, the Large Passion, the Engraved Passion, and the Life of the Virgin. Each is intense and fascinating and will fully occupy you as you add color.