Elegant Herbs & Medicinal Plants Coloring Book
48 pages with 22 images to color
• Soft cover book with staple binding
• High-quality paper perfect for colored pencils, pens, and markers
• Printed with soy-based inks
• Sturdy cover to ensure long-lasting enjoyment
• Coloring pages are blank on the back so they can be cut out and displayed
Size: 8.5 x 11 x .25 in.
Long before modern medicine and the corner drugstore, herbalists dispensed celery to treat lunacy and considered aloe a veritable wonder drug able to purify phlegm, prevent hair loss, remedy moral decay and corruption, and even rid one of stomach worms. The illustrations featured in this coloring book are the work of artist Robinet Testard (fl. 1470–1523). They were selected from Le Livre des simples médecines (c. 1470), a vellum manuscript in the collection of the National Library, St. Petersburg, Russia. The line drawings for these beautiful botanicals were traced from reproductions of the original artworks, which are shown in full color on the inside covers.