Chinese Decorative Designs Coloring Book
48 pages with 22 images to color
• Soft cover book with staple binding
• High-quality paper perfect for colored pencils, pens, and markers
• Printed with soy-based inks
• Sturdy cover to ensure long-lasting enjoyment
• Coloring pages are blank on the back so they can be cut out and displayed
Size: 8.5 x 11 x .25 in.
In a tradition practiced for hundreds of years, throughout the Ming and Qing dynasties, Chinese civil and military officials wore large silk badges on the front and back of their robes. The embroidered or tapestry squares featured one of nine birds, such as a crane, pheasant, or peacock, while military badges showed one of nine powerful animals—real or mythical—such as a lion, tiger, bear, or qilin. The line drawings for these fascinating badges featured in this coloring book were traced from reproductions of the original artworks, which are shown in full color on the inside covers.