Birds of the World Dioramas Coloring Book
48 pages with 19 images to color
• Soft cover book with staple binding
• High-quality paper perfect for colored pencils, pens, and markers
• Printed with soy-based inks
• Sturdy cover to ensure long-lasting enjoyment
• Coloring pages are blank on the back so they can be cut out and displayed
Published with the American Museum of Natural History
Size: 8.5 x 11 x .25 in.
When it opened in 1902, the American Museum of Natural History’s Hall of North American Birds was the first space in the world devoted to habitat dioramas. The gallery features dioramas of several places where bird species were threatened by habitat loss or hunting. A few bird species can be found worldwide, but most have adapted to a particular region—sometimes in remarkable ways. The 12 dioramas in the Museum’s Hall of Birds of the World each depict a major biome—a region with a particular community of living things, such as desert or tropical rainforest—along with representative bird species. The line drawings in this coloring book were traced from photographs of the dioramas, which are presented in full color on the inside covers.