Charles Santore: Aesop's Fables Coloring Book
48 pages with 21 images to color
• Soft cover book with staple binding
• High-quality paper perfect for colored pencils, pens, and markers
• Printed with soy-based inks
• Sturdy cover to ensure long-lasting enjoyment
• Coloring pages are blank on the back so they can be cut out and displayed
Size: 8.5 x 11 x .25 in.
Charles Santore is best known for his lush, narrative illustrations of children’s classics. When he set out to illustrate a selection of Aesop’s fables, he chose those featuring animals rather than people. The animal kingdom, with its huge variety of characters, provides perfect examples of what it means to be human. The wily fox, the stubborn goat, the wise mouse, and all the other animals, in their own ways, represent the different parts of who we are. This coloring book presents black-and-white drawings that Santore made in preparation for his watercolor illustrations for Aesop’s Fables. The full-color illustrations are reproduced on the inside of the front and back covers.