Art Nouveau Coloring Book
48 pages with 22 images to color
• Soft cover book with staple binding
• High-quality paper perfect for colored pencils, pens, and markers
• Printed with soy-based inks
• Sturdy cover to ensure long-lasting enjoyment
• Coloring pages are blank on the back so they can be cut out and displayed
Published with Swann Auction Galleries
Size: 8.5 x 11 x .25 in.
In the years leading up to and following the turn of the 20th century, posters advertising everything from bicycles to hats to champagne to chocolate employed Art Nouveau–style designs that focused on ideal, beautiful women. Featuring exotic new fonts, bright hues, and sinuous lines, these posters became the subject of intense public fascination. When collectors began to steal them as quickly as they could be pasted up, a new term was coined: affichomanie, or "poster mania."
The original posters from which the line drawings in this coloring book were created are reproduced on the inside covers, in full color—in case you want to replicate them.