Italy: Vintage Travel Posters Book of Postcards
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate's books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with Swann Auction Galleries
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
From Calais to Constantinople, a golden age of rail travel coincided with an inspiring era of poster art, luring tourists to glittering waterways, historic city centers, and sun-bleached villages. In Italy, renowned artists as well as anonymous designers created ideal escapes with eye-catching illustrations and typography. Though often little is known about these artists today, their stunning works contributed to a boom in Italian tourism during the interwar years, when most of the 30 posters reproduced here were created.