Gregory L. Blackstock Book of Postcards
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate's books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world.
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
Seattle artist Gregory L. Blackstock is autistic with savant skills. Rules and facts are comforting, so once he commits groupings of things to paper, such as bugs, birds, vehicles, or shoes, he is relieved that they remain fixed in a dependable taxonomy.
Without formal training, Blackstock draws with incredible precision and a vivid use of color. Referencing images culled from books and photos, he learns detailed information about each of his subjects, memorizing an astonishing range of geographical, anecdotal, and scientific information that he will never forget. This book of 30 postcards offers an introduction to Blackstock’s work, presenting astonishing drawings of everyday objects somehow made fascinating as he presents them in columns and rows.