Life on the Land: Inuit Art from Cape Dorset Book of Postcards
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate's books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
The Kinngait Studios in Cape Dorset are the oldest continually operating print studios in Canada, and collectors from around the world eagerly anticipate each annual release of prints. The artists of Cape Dorset are active in the studios from fall through late spring. Diverse media are available to the printmakers—etching and aquatint, woodcut, copper engraving, and stencil—but their mainstays are stonecut and lithography. This book of postcards reproduces 30 outstanding images from over 50 years of printmaking at the Kinngait Studios.