Paintings of Maine Book of Postcards
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate's books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with Portland Museum of Art
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
The coast of New England has long attracted tourists and artists drawn to the primal drama of the ocean. The 19th century brought changes as coastal communities shifted from an industrialized economic resource to a therapeutic shelter for middle-class tourists, while artists banded together for purposes of camaraderie, creativity, and commerce, and founded coastal art colonies. Here are 30 paintings by artists such as Edward Hopper, Childe Hassam, Gertrude Fiske, and George Bellows, among others, that capture the drama as well as the serenity of Maine.