The Reading Woman Deluxe Address Book
• Hardcover with hidden Wire-O binding
• 124 pages; 40 full-color reproductions; up to 480 entries
• Sections are divided by alphabetical tabs
• For the paper-loving contacts keeper!
• Handy size with plenty of room for entries
• Gorgeous reproductions make this a special keepsake as well as a trusted reference
Size: 7 x 8.25 x .75 in.
Why has the reading woman been such a popular subject for painters through the ages? Beyond being beautiful in herself, she is an expression of important, unspoken cultural ideas. She is ensconced in comfortable surroundings; she is at leisure: all’s right with the world. The 40 paintings reproduced in this deluxe address book date from the 15th century through the first half of the 20th century. Each image is accompanied by observations on the pleasures of literature, from historical and contemporary readers and writers.