Biophilia: The Art of Christopher Marley Book of Postcards
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate's books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
Working with reptiles, fish, crustaceans, birds, plants, and more, insect artist Christopher Marley has expanded his range of influence to sample the awe-inspiring diversity of plant and animal life on our planet. Each specimen is presented in its natural state, its colors true to life. Devoid of any creepy-crawliness or wriggly-slitheriness, Marley’s arrangements transform jewel-like arthropods, knobbly urchins, stately crustaceans, swirling sea stars, brilliant fish, and more into stunning works of art.
Marley’s work began with insects, combining a passion for entomology with a keen eye for design to produce kaleidoscopic bug mandalas and striking up-close-and-personal insect portraits. Now, by working with institutions and individuals that are dedicated to animal husbandry, he is able to make his artful arrangements while ensuring that no vertebrates are ever killed for his art.