Alphonse Mucha Book of Postcards
30 color reproductions bound in a handy postcard collection
• Mail the postcards, or keep the book for your own collection
• Decorate your office or dorm room with a wall of images
• Informative introductory text
• Backs of postcards offer enough room for short messages
• Perforated for easy removal
• Oversized postcards may require additional postage
• Pomegranate's books of postcards feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Book: 6.875 x 4.75 x .375 in.
Postcard: 6.5 x 4.75 in.
Alphonse Mucha’s poster for Sarah Bernhardt’s 1894 production of Gismonda thrust the young Czechoslovakian painter into the forefront of the Art Nouveau movement. For the next five years he designed posters for nearly all of Bernhardt’s new productions, as well as posters for other clients. With their flowing design and subtle, sumptuous colors, Mucha’s posters are among the most elegant products of the Art Nouveau era. This book of postcards presents 30 of his loveliest designs.