Fortissimo! A Tribute to Opera Notecard Folio
• 10 blank notecards (5 each of 2 designs) with envelopes
• Decorative wallet-style folio
• Printed in full color on recycled paper with soy-based inks
• High-quality 250 gsm card stock
• Soft white envelopes
• Pomegranate's notecard folios feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Box size: 5 x 7.25 x .625 in.
Card size: 5 x 7 in.
The high drama of opera is well suited to Edward Gorey’s oeuvre. He designed the sets and costumes for a Peter Sellars production of Mozart’s Don Giovanni with the New Hampshire Symphony in 1980, and his book The Blue Aspic is the story of an operatic understudy turned diva and her singularly obsessed fan. The images in this folio could easily portray characters from Wagner and Verdi, each presenting a man and woman in all their glory, suited up in extravagant operatic costumes and no doubt belting out heart-throbbing duets.
Contains five each of two notecards featuring drawings of opera singers