Maurice Brazil Prendergast Notecard Folio
• 10 blank notecards (5 each of 2 designs) with envelopes
• Decorative wallet-style folio
• Printed in full color on recycled paper with soy-based inks
• High-quality 250 gsm card stock
• Soft white envelopes
• Pomegranate's notecard folios feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the Barnes Foundation
Box size: 5 x 7.25 x .625 in.
Card size: 5 x 7 in.
Maurice Prendergast delighted in creating sunny outdoor scenes of people at leisure, often in parks or on beaches or city streets. His richly hued paintings, with their delicate brushwork, flat areas of color, and rhythmic arrangements of forms, are often described as resembling mosaics or tapestries. The two paintings included here present a Boston-area harbor scene and an idealized forest setting populated with a group of women enjoying an outing by a stream.
Contains five each of the following notecards:
Gloucester Harbor, c. 1912
Idyl, c. 1912–1915