• 10 blank notecards (5 each of 2 designs) with envelopes
• Decorative wallet-style folio
• Printed in full color on recycled paper with soy-based inks
• High-quality 250 gsm card stock
• Soft white envelopes
• Pomegranate's notecard folios feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the Barnes Foundation
Box size: 5 x 7.25 x .625 in.
Card size: 5 x 7 in.
By 1888 Vincent van Gogh had moved to the southern French town of Arles, with dreams of building an artist’s colony in the sundrenched landscape. There, he found plenty of opportunities to paint portraits of the local characters. This notecard folio includes two such paintings: The Smoker, painted shortly after his arrival in Arles, and The Postman, which captures the warmth of the local postal worker, Joseph-Étienne Roulin—who, along with his family, sat for numerous portrait sessions with van Gogh.
Contains five each of the following notecards:
The Postman (Joseph-Étienne Roulin), 1889
The Smoker (Le Fumeur), 1888