William Glackens Notecard Folio
• 10 blank notecards (5 each of 2 designs) with envelopes
• Decorative wallet-style folio
• Printed in full color on recycled paper with soy-based inks
• High-quality 250 gsm card stock
• Soft white envelopes
• Pomegranate's notecard folios feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the Barnes Foundation
Box size: 5 x 7.25 x .625 in.
Card size: 5 x 7 in.
William Glackens’s early style resonated with the gritty, urban realism of a disparate group of American painters known as The Eight, with whom he exhibited in 1908. But that year, Glackens started to work in a brighter, more modern palette. The beach scenes in this folio of notecards are sparkling, luminous works in bold combinations of saturated colors. They’re fine examples of the work that established Glackens as an important contributor to American modernism.
Contains five each of the following notecards:
The Bathing Hour, Chester, Nova Scotia, 1910
The Raft, 1915