William Morris: Arts & Crafts Designs Notecard Folio
• 10 blank notecards (5 each of 2 designs) with envelopes
• Decorative wallet-style folio
• Printed in full color on recycled paper with soy-based inks
• High-quality 250 gsm card stock
• Soft white envelopes
• Pomegranate's notecard folios feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the Brooklyn Museum
Box size: 5 x 7.25 x .625 in.
Card size: 5 x 7 in.
Have nothing in your houses which you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.—William Morris
Believing that art could and should find expression in utilitarian objects that could be enjoyed as part of everyday life, William Morris worked in a wide range of fields, including textiles, furniture, tiles, glass, and wallpaper. His sensibility dramatically influenced typography, printing, and interior design. His genius shone particularly brightly in the design of complex, balanced, intricately repetitive floral patterns applicable to textiles and wallpaper—as represented in these notecards.
Contains five each of the following notecards:
Lily and Pomegranate pattern (detail), 1886
Spring Thicket pattern (detail), 1894