John Singer Sargent: Under the Willows Small Boxed Cards
• 10 blank notecards with envelopes
• Decorative box with acetate lid
• Printed in full color on recycled paper with soy based inks
• High-quality 250 gsm card stock
• Soft white envelopes
• Pomegranate's notecard sets feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
Box size: 4 x 5.625 x .875 in.
Card size: 3.5 x 5 in.
John Singer Sargent (American, 1856–1925)
Under the Willows, 1887
John Singer Sargent, like fellow impressionist Claude Monet, was intrigued by the effects of light and movement on water. After a visit to Monet’s home in France, Sargent, too, took up plein air painting aboard a boat. This painting is one from a series of works showing women at leisure in boats upon the water.