Painting In Scotland Book of Postcards
Comprising seven venues—five in Edinburgh and one apiece in the country’s north and south—the National Galleries of Scotland have preserved and displayed Scotland’s national collection of art since 1859. More than a million visitors come to the galleries each year to experience the superb permanent collections or attend special exhibitions. This book of thirty postcards presents paintings from the eighteenth, nineteenth, and twentieth centuries—a golden age in Scottish art.
- Francis Henry Newbery (Scottish, 1855–1946), Charles Rennie Mackintosh, 1914
- David Gauld (Scottish, 1865–1936), Saint Agnes, 1889–1890
- Samuel John Peploe (Scottish, 1871–1935), Still Life, 1913
- Charles Lees (Scottish, 1800–1880), The Golfers, 1847
- James Barret (English, active 1785–1819), A View of Stornoway, 1798
- Charles Rennie Mackintosh (Scottish, 1868–1928), Mont Alba, 1924–1927
- Sir William George Gillies (Scottish, 1898–1973), The Harbour, 1934–1937
- Andrew Geddes (Scottish, 1783–1844), Sir David Wilkie, 1816
- Sir Joseph Noel Paton (Scottish, 1821–1901), The Reconciliation of Oberon and Titania, 1847
- Sir Daniel Macnee (Scottish, 1806–1882), A Lady in Grey, 1859
- Craigie Aitchison (Scottish, b. 1926), Lily—Still Life, 1974
- William York MacGregor (Scottish, 1855–1923), The Vegetable Stall, 1884
- William Dyce (Scottish, 1806–1864), Francesca da Rimini, 1837
- Sir James Guthrie (Scottish, 1859–1930), A Hind’s Daughter, 1883
- Joseph Crawhall (Scottish, 1861–1913), The White Drake, c. 1895
- George Henry (Scottish, 1858–1943), Geisha Girl, 1894
- Allan Ramsay (Scottish, 1713–1784), The Artist’s Wife: Margaret Lindsay of Evelick, c. 1758–1760
- Sir Henry Raeburn (Scottish, 1756–1823), The Reverend Dr. Robert Walker Skating on Duddingston Loch, c. 1795
- Edward Atkinson Hornel (Scottish, 1864–1933), A Girl and Goats, n.d.
- John Duncan (Scottish, 1866–1945), Saint Bride, 1913
- Joan Kathleen Harding Eardley (English/Scottish, 1921–1963), Children and Chalked Wall 3, 1962–1963
- James Cowie (Scottish, 1886–1956), A Portrait Group, 1933/c. 1940
- Sir David Wilkie (Scottish, 1785–1841), Pitlessie Fair, 1804
- David Roberts (Scottish, 1796–1864), Rome: Sunset from the Convent of Sant’ Onofrio on the Janiculum, 1856
- Sir William MacTaggart (Scottish, 1903–1981), Snow Near Lasswade, c. 1928
- David Scott (Scottish, 1806–1849), The Vintager, 1835
- Peter Graham (Scottish, 1836–1921), Wandering Shadows, 1878
- John Duncan Fergusson (Scottish, 1874–1961), Dieppe, 14 July 1905: Night, 1905
- George Henry (Scottish, 1858–1943), Barr, Ayrshire, n.d.
- George Leslie Hunter (Scottish, 1877–1931), Reflections, Balloch, c. 1929–1930
Pomegranate’s books of postcards contain up to thirty top-quality reproductions bound together in a handy, artful collection. Easy to remove and produced on heavy card stock, these stunning postcards are a delight to the sender and receiver. Postcards are oversized and may require additional postage.